The Benefits of a Modular Broker when Selling your used Modular Assets in a Specialized Market
usedmodular March 14, 2023
How a Modular Broker can be an Asset to a Seller in a Specialized Market
What is meant by a ‘Specialized Modular Market’?
A specialized market for used modulars refers to a market segment that has unique and specific needs or requirements for these units.
This can include markets such as oil and gas, construction, First Nations, or any other segment of the industry that requires used modular assets.
For example, in the construction industry, modular units may be used for crew housing and other project facilities like site offices.
In this market, the needs for the pre-owned modular units may differ from those in other markets, with specific requirements like vintage of the equipment, and layout.
A modular broker with experience in the construction industry, would have the knowledge and connections necessary to market the units effectively to potential buyers.
Importance of selling specialized used modular units to recoup costs
A modular seller can recoup costs using a modular broker in several ways:
- Maximizing the selling price: A modular broker can assist the seller with setting a fair and competitive selling price for the used modular units based on their market value and condition. By setting an optimal selling price , the seller can maximize the amount of revenue they receive for the units.
- Access to a wider market: A experienced modular broker typically has access to a wider network of potential buyers for used modular units. This can include buyers who are actively looking to purchasing modular units for a specific market or purpose. By tapping into this wider market, the seller can increase the chances of finding a buyer who is willing to pay fair market value for used modular assets.
- Time-saving: Selling used modular units can be a time-consuming process that involves marketing the units, negotiating with potential buyers, and managing the logistics of the sale. By working with a professional modular broker, the seller can offload these responsibilities to the modular broker, who can in turn, handle the entire selling process on the sellers behalf. This can obviously save the seller time and resources that can be better used for other business activities.
- Expertise and modular industry knowledge: A modular broker has experience and industry knowledge that can help the seller market the units effectively and get the best possible return on their investment. The broker can highlight the unique selling points of the units and position them in a way that appeals to potential buyers needs. A professional modular broker will also be able to qualify protentional buyers to eliminate time showing your modular assets to non-qualified purchasers.
Overall, working with a modular broker can help a seller recoup costs by maximizing the selling price of the used modular units, accessing a wider market, saving time and resources, and leveraging the broker’s expertise and industry knowledge.
How to choose the right broker for selling your used modular units in a specialized market
- Reputation: Look for brokers who have an excellent reputation in the industry and a proven track record of successfully selling used modular units.
- Experience: Look for brokers who have experience selling used modular units in the same market or industry as the seller.
- References: Ask for references and testimonials from previous clients who have used the modular broker’s services.
- Broker Payment Schedule: Understand the broker’s commission structure/percentage and how they are compensated for their services.
- Marketing strategy: Ask the broker about their marketing strategy for selling the used modular units and how they plan to reach potential buyers.
- Negotiation skills: Does the broker qualify potential buyers? Will the used modular Broker have your best interest in mind when negotiating on your behalf?
- Transparency: Look for brokers who are transparent about the selling process, good reputation in the industry and are ethical.
- Agreements and Contracts: Does the Broker provide clear, concise agreements that include all factors of the used modular asset sale?
By considering these factors and doing thorough research, sellers can find a reputable and reliable broker who can help them sell their used modular units at a fair market price
Concluding, there are many reasons a seller of Used Modular assets should serious consider contracting a Broker to assist them in liquidating their inventory.
Financially, it makes fiscal sense to get the best possible return on your modular equipment and return on your initial investment.
Peace of mind that your used modulars are being marketed correctly by professionals who work on your behalf without the seller having to allocate man power or hours selling them themselves. Knowing upfront of what your potential return would be having already gone through the valuation and market price.
Finally, the used modulars broker takes care of all the paperwork, agreement and payment, making the whole process seamless.
For further information and to discuss how you can benefit form a Broker’s Service, Used Modulars Canada Ltd can be contacted here.